Wednesday, March 17, 2010

scenes from my crazy weekend



It was another event-filled several days this past weekend. As usual, it was filled with family and then more family. Just the way we like it. Friday morning we had a little March birthdays celebration, since three of the grandkids birthdays are within a week and a half of each other. (More on that fun later). Then Saturday morning we were up bright and early to get Emily down to ASU for a volleyball tournament.


Emily's team did great and came in 2nd place! Its funny how much I have come to enjoy watching volleyball. With everyone on spring break at ASU, it was so nice and quiet. Families out walking and riding bikes, enjoying the beautiful spring weather. It was so pretty walking around the campus with the nice breeze through the trees. It felt so peaceful.


I have been having way too much fun with my camera these days and taking lots of pictures. I took quite a few at Emily's tournament. Some came out ok, but mostly blurry. I am having lots of fun learning, though. Emily seems to be taking quite an interest in the camera as well. Perhaps it will turn into a nice little hobby for her... who knows. For now, I think she and her friends just like pretending they are models.


From the tournament we headed over to my son Peter's house for his annual St. Patrick's Day Block Party. I think it is safe to assume, you have never seen anything quite like this. Peter and his father-in-law build an Irish pub in their carport.


The street is blocked off and there are bounce houses and snow cones for the kids, a cornhole tournament for the adults, tons of food and, of course, Guinness and green beer in the pub.


*inside the pub's "snug" (a little room with a table off the bar)

For something new this year, Peter created a photo wall in the pub (modeled after this), which I think was the hit of the party.


There were lots of family and friends and neighbors, some even from out-of-town that we hadn't seen in a while. Everyone stayed too late and had too much fun. It was a great night. Alex was home for spring break and able to be there for the party. He is off again to wrap up his first year of college. Wow. Time really does go too fast. Unfortunately, I did not see as much of him as I would have liked, but that is the way with college students, I guess. Off for a couple days skiing, out late with friends, sleeping in every morning... the college life sure is rough. He is talking of a possible summer job in France working on a winery. Yes, I will be the first to visit. I mean, come on, someone such as a mom would need to make sure he is in a safe place. And while I am all the way over there, I might as well enjoy myself, right?


Sunday was a nice relaxing day to regroup from all the activities of the previous two days. In the afternoon we went over to Christine and Ed's to bring little miss Ruby her birthday present. We got her a playhouse for the backyard, which "Bop" (Ruby's name for Brian - the other grandkids call him either Grandad or Grandpa, so somewhere out of that she came up with "Bop") spent the rest of the evening assembling for her. Well, it was another wonderful (and busy) weekend spent with lots of family. The photo wall, the bar and Ruby's playhouse were the only decor items I saw all weekend, so I have a lot to catch up on at the store this week. (I am currently drooling over our new Japanese apparel line! It is so cute.)

Perhaps we will stop back by Peter's neighborhood pub tonight. I heard they are opening it up for one last night before taking it down until next year.


Hope everyone has a very Happy (and safe) St. Patrick's Day!
from our family to yours!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Location