Tuesday, May 25, 2010

can't get it out of my mind



The color turquoise (in any and every shade).
It seems everywhere I go, it keeps jumping out at me.
I am drawn to it when I see it.
When I don't see it, I can't help but want to ask, "Does this come in turquoise."
I may very well end up buying something I don't need or even want just because I find it in some shade of this lovely color.
It is just that perfect pop of color I seem to want to add to every space I see right now.
And there is a very good chance before the week is up, something in my house will be hauled out into the yard and painted turquoise...
I will be sure to let you know what I come up with.

It didn't help when I was in Balboa...


And then, of course, every blog I link to has some little splash of it...



If you could add one fun bright color to your home what would it be?
Would you paint a whole room or just something small like a chair or bench, a door or frame?


10 comments:

melli said...

funny you say that but this is my favorite color too and i always buy and ask for turquoise ...Love it xx

Jen said...

LOVE that sail boat & vespa! so perfect! i love turquoise too but i'm so neutral i'm always scared to use bold colors. i'm in love with all those pics!

TSL said...

I love it, too. A hold-over from the seventies, my girlfriend had a VW like that (or I should say her parents did.) I remember tanned hands and tourquoise rings.

The Style Sisters said...

OH this is so gorgeous! I used to live right by Balboa in Newport Beach...so this brought back memories for me. I am hosting a new link up party...centerpiece wednesdays...come and link up with any centerpiece idea you have done..it doesn't need to be on the dining table either any centerpiece will do. Love your blog By the way!

marni zarr said...

makes me happy that you post so often! love the pictures.... reminds me of babysitting at the people's house with the turquoise shag carpet, i always said NEVER! but now i'm seeing it in a new light. :)

Stephanie said...

turquoise or yellow with gray.

Unknown said...

Loving this blue right now too! I plan on using bits of it on our patio this summer. I have to come by your shop too!! We're neighbour's :)

bigBANG studio said...

The retro turquoise fridge + oven number takes the cake. Hands-down.

Although sfgirlbybay's VW shot is a close second.

xo.

Dressing On The Side said...

turquoise would easily go in my house but I have an ongoing love affair with raspberry pink (but would be beyond difficult to make it work)

Unknown said...

That turquoise floor is incredible! I wish I could paint my bedroom turquoise, I think it's my favorite color ever. The woes or renting! What great turquoise finds!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Location