Thursday, February 27, 2014

and, just like that, the nest is empty


A couple weeks ago I sent my youngest child off for a semester in Belgium.  I really cannot believe we don't have anyone at home with us anymore.  After six kids and almost 40 years, it doesn't quite seem real...  Anyway, my daughter Emily flew out of New York, so my best friend Laurie and I went with her to spend a few days in the city and to say farewell.  We all had so much fun and it was perfect to spend some time together away from home before she left.  That city never disappoints!
(side note: all the slightly blurry phone pics are mine, the lovely one's are Emily's)


I just couldn't resist taking this picture, it was too cute...


As usual, we did a nice job of eating our way through this amazing city.
Breakfast of champions at Buvette...


We stopped into ABC Cocina for lunch...


While we were at ABC Carpet, I couldn't help but do a little shopping...
Always love Bella Notte bedding!
Hoping to make myself an apron just like this one :)
I was in love with those little ottomans and the most amazing robes!
Excuse me while I cry...
saying goodbye on our very last night :(

She seems so happy so far and I really have been loving how much we are able to follow along with her adventures thanks to modern technology!  If you want to see some of her beautiful photos of Belgium and hear about her travels check out her blog, A Passion for a Dress.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Location